The Wellness Connection provides comprehensive psychological testing for children, adolescents and adults. Psychological assessment can be utilized for many reasons; establishing a diagnosis, providing an update after someone has been in treatment for awhile, or ensuring that treatment is on the right track and other issues exist.
Areas of child and adolescent testing include:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Personality testing
- Emotional functioning & Emerging Personality Developmental Disorder
- Intellectual Functioning
- Private School Placement Testing
Psychologists at the Wellness Connection also provide psychological assessment for adults who would like diagnostic clarification and treatment recommendations for cognitive, emotional and personality issues that may be interfering with relationships, the attainment of life goals, and day-to-day functioning.
Areas of adult assessment include:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance abuse/dependence
- Personality and emotional functioning
- General anxiety, social anxiety, panic
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Psychotic disorders (such as Schizophrenia)
- Intake Interview: 60-90 minutes. From that interview, our psychologist develops a series of tests that will be administered. Your testing appointment is then scheduled.
- Testing Appointment: 3-4 hours. Parent and Teacher emails may be collected to gather additional information.
- Assessment: Test will be scored and interpreted. A comprehensive, individualized report is written detailing results, diagnoses, and treatment recommendations.
- Feedback Session: The final report is review with the client, including diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Is Testing Covered by Insurance?
-Psychological testing is often covered by medical insurance. Our intake coordinator can help determine your eligibility. It’s also recommended that you contact your insurance provider for verification of benefits and to determine if your policy requires any additional additional steps for testing to be authorized.
What are the Benefits of Testing at The Wellness Connection?
-We offer a one-stop-shop. If testing reveals a need for psychiatry, counseling, occupational therapy, acupuncture, or other therapy modalities, we offer it all under one roof.
-We believe that the more comfortable someone is in their testing environment, the better the testing will go. So, we have made sure that all of our locations are as cozy and tranquil as possible.
-Because some of our testing steps are online, the turnaround time is shortened.