Payment / Insurance Page:
The Wellness Connection is an out of network provider, which allows us to attract highly qualified therapists who often specialize in specific areas. Often times, insurance providers will attempt to inform therapy to fit specific codes or direct who can be in a therapy session. Reimbursement rates are often far below the average billable rate for therapists, so we have opted to stay out of network which we think enables us to provide high quality, personalized care.
What does it mean to be “out of network”? It refers to a health care provider who does not have a contract with your health insurance plan. Because we do not have a contract in place, you will need to utilize your out of network benefits. Most of our clients are able to receive a reimbursement for a portion of our fees, and it fluctuates based on the carrier and your plan. To check your out-of-network benefits with your insurance provider, here are few simple steps:
- Check your out-of-network benefits. These are typically in the Summary of Benefits that is included in a member information packet or on your insurance company website.
- Call your insurance company to verify.
- Wellness Connection will provide a superbill which easily can be sent to your insurance company
- Receive reimbursement!
- The insurance company may ask what the “CPT” code is for your sessions. The following are the codes we tend to use most frequently:
- Individual Therapy, 45 minutes, 90834 (In Person) or 90834-95 (Telehealth)
- Individual Therapy, 50 minutes, 90837 (In Person) or 90837-95 (Telehealth)
- Couples/Family therapy, 50 minutes, 90847 (In Person) or 90847-95 (Telehealth)
- Group therapy, 75 minutes, 90853 (In Person) or 90853-95 (Telehealth)